Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Life Is Good Conference 2012


Tomorrow we head back to the Pacific Northwest Life Is Good Unschooling Conference. We attended for the first time in 2008. A lot has changed since then. At that time I was married and Nicole and I just barely knew each other, as she and her family had recently moved into our cohousing community. She and her family also attended LIG that year.

Four years later, I am divorced, running a café (Better Living Through Coffee), living with Nicole and her kids Dante and Sophia, as well as my own kids, and blogging about learning French - not to mention starting my own online business for teaching English via the Internet. Lots of movement and change!

I was inspired to blog a bit about this by reading fellow unschooling mom Shonna Morgan's new blog: Blog of the Penta Mom. She and her family are certainly an inspiration for me and I look forward to meeting her again this weekend. (They too are big skiers!!)

I am looking forward to meeting a lot of people that I see regularly on Facebook and elsewhere, especially the keynote speaker, Sandra Dodd, whose writings have really helped me feel more comfortable embracing the radical unschooling way of living.

So, today we'll be cleaning the house and packing and tomorrow we'll get on the road for the 3.5-hour trip to Vancouver, WA. What fun!

See you there!



No comments:

Post a Comment